Accounting Solutions for Small Businesses


Article Archive

+  2015 (1)
+  2014 (1)
+  2013 (2)
+  2012 (0)
+  2011 (0)
+  2010 (10)
+  2009 (11)
-  2008 (7)

I -9 List A Requirements

Posted by administrator on Tuesday, July 8th, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I-9 List A

Documents that establish both Identity and Employment Eligibility to work in the United States.

1. U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired)

2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)

3. An unexpired foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp.

4. An unexpired Employment Authorization Document that contains a photo. (Form I-766, I-688, I-688A, I-688B)

5. An unexpired foreign passport with an unexpired Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94, bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's non immigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for the employer.

If you have further questions check with your attorney or government agencies that handle employee qualifications.

Here is the link for more details on the I-9 form and requirements. http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=184163,00.html

Category: I-9 Information